Tuesday, June 3, 2008

cyclists beware

A letter to the editor in the Leader Post (and from a driver at that!):

Bad drivers running amok
Tuesday, June 03, 2008
In the past three days of driving in Regina, I've been passed from the right while going through an intersection, passed from the left on a residential street and hit by someone backing out of a parking spot. I've also seen two close hits while someone has run a red light.
It is unbelievable the way people are driving.
I don't know what's worse: the gas pedal or the cellphone and there is no way of avoiding either. The lack of police to monitor traffic is no help, and is similar to the nursing problem -- not enough people to do the job. I do not feel safe driving in this city any more and I know that feeling is shared by many.


Janet Klock
Regina
© The Leader-Post (Regina) 2008

No comments: