Thursday, August 14, 2008

News

Hi all,
Jen here. The person who updates every so often.
I am entering my last few weeks here in fair Regina, Queen City...then I will be shipping off to cyclists heaven (Vancouver!).
I'm not sure what will become of this blog, or of the Derailleurs for that matter. But keep your eyes peeled for a spin-off group that I have heard talk of... next summer.

Just a few reminders for the last remaining events (p.s. anyone have a bike I can borrow? Mine is being shipped off very soon!):

1. August 29th is a BIG day for events - CRITICAL MASS, 5:30PM, VIC PARK AT THE CENOTAPH. Let's advocate for cyclists right to the road, celebrate cycling and do it while following the rules of the road..and have fun!
2. afterwards... grab a bite to eat (O'Hans?) then head to the BIKE-IN FILM SCREENING, Central Park, films are set to begin at 8pm. Show up with your bike at 7:30pm for a free tune-up from WESTERN CYCLE.

See you there...

p.s. We still ride on Sunday's, 3pm, Vic Park

2 comments:

photographeratlarge said...

Too bad Critical Mass was really at 5pm. My family was pretty disappointed. There was a bunch of people that were there at 5:30. Update the website when such a significant change is going to occur.

I have tried to come out to a Sunday ride before and no one was there. I am assuming the time or the start point was changed. Is there another place to get correct information on rides? I was on an email list but was missed on these. Thanks for trying anyway.

The Derailleurs said...

sorry that the time for critical mass was changed. The Sunday rides haven't been happening all summer because no one was showing up - the interest just wasn't there. Are you facebook? There is a Derailleurs group on there, and I can make you admin if you like. Then you start events etc on behalf of the group - it is really quite flux right now and it is up to the members to make it what it is.
I have left Regina, so posting on the facebook group would be the best way to get ahold of everyone. I hope they have a critical mass next month...or that someone takes on the blog in the future. But that is up in the air right now.

Thanks for your interest and my apologies that you and your family missed the ride!